Empowering Learning’sTM approach is unique.
Empowering Learning works with those who have neurodivergent thinking and learning skills and/or may have various Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) diagnoses, looking past the diagnosis to helping people use their fabulous creative skills to transform any limiting symptoms they have. The visual sense is the fastest system we have for learning and is the natural way young children learn – using their imagination. See some <5min videos of success stories.
Empowering LearningTM is focused on what people can do rather than what they can’t do. Empowering LearningTM teaches people how to get into the best emotional state for learning, reducing fear and anxiety. Families are engaged whenever possible. Teachers learn how students learn visually, incorporating a full multi-sensory learning experience. The philosophy is a coaching person-centered approach.
Empowering LearningTM has a world-wide network of experts in how people learn visually and the effects of mental imagery on learning differences and neurodiversity.
To learn more about Empowering Learning skills for yourself we have a variety of routes for you.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or message me through Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/olive.hickmott
- On my YouTube channel you will find a number of short videos that will get you started. See examples below.
- Empowering Learning Practitioners offer one-to-one coaching either in person or on-line across the world. Start by contacting Olive Hickmott, the creator of Empowering Learning for a free 30 min discussion of your challenges and priorities. Then, if you want, you can become an easily Empowering Learning Practitioner or alternatively arrange an on-line coaching session with Olive or one of the other Empowering Learning Practitioners. For coaching, purchasing a study guide is advisable.
- Follow posts on our blog www.olivehickmott.co.uk for our latest information
- Enroll for one of our masterclass sets or train to become an Empowering Learning Practitioner. Details here. Complete the Empowering Learning Practitioner Training and then access our regular zoom calls working with practitioners.
- Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- We can offer primary schools a Neurodivergent School Coach to work with teachers, students and parents, giving them skills to help these creative visual learners.
The videos below give you some quick skills to improve spelling and reading especially for young children, where literacy can be more of a game. They are all being posted on Youtube ; here are the links:
Are you having trouble helping your child to move on from phonics, which they may or may not find difficult, to word recognition? Neurodivergent kids can enjoy recognising object words. Here is how.
Does your child hate reading? Watch this 10-minute video and get some new ideas about how to make progress with a reluctant reader. On Youtube
There is so much changing that children, that especially neurodivergent children can feel very confused and emotional. Some children are coping well, whilst others seem to be climbing up the wall. Try this short video on youtube to get 3 essential tips.
Primary Maths Part 1: Anyone Terrified of Maths? A short video to explain the essential skill of visualising numbers, if you want to be good at maths. This is a fabulous skill to learn to supercharge a child’s primary maths skills. Take a look at this and others on the Youtube channel.
Primary Maths Part 2: Moving on to fractions and percentages: Building on basic visualising numbers we can now put your numbers to work
Primary Maths Part 3: Words and numbers together: Visualising numbers is fun and now you can explore words and numbers together, angles, telling the time and even algebra. This is a great way to improve your maths and especially mental arithmetic. This will also include some advice on additional resources for visually learning