A brilliant on-line summit for every parent, with 20 excellent speakers, here for you to enjoy.
Parents are children’s first educators and the main role models that determine their thinking and behaviour for the years to come. There are so many small and big issues that we need to face and solve when we become parents and want to have a nice family life.
Lucy Heary and Olive Hickmott are discussing a fascinating topic – “Can parents stop Dyslexia from happening?” This can be seen as a challenge or a fantastic opportunity to benefit from our combined 40 years of experience helping children and adults improve poor literacy and Dyslexia. The challenge is always how to help these talented, creative children overcome the stress and shame generated over years of failure. Even with a new strategy that makes literacy so much easier, they still have underlying anxiety to deal with from so young. So Empowering Learning has now developed very simple processes for parents to use before children enter reception year, where the government requires them to learn phonics. You will hear us talk about using scaffolding to make literacy easy at any age through their skills with mental images. Do come and join us.
Day 1: Saturday November 5th
1. Sue Ritchie – Preparing for Conception: The Key to Increasing Your Success
2. Pamela Igwe – How to find and implicate the right mindset to being (brand )new parents
3. Karolina Koza – Mindful parenting
4. Riikka Manninen – Two and four legged kids – What animals teach us about parenting
5. Ebiere Bolu – Discipline – What it is and What it isn’t
6. Anita Barzey – How to keep your child motivated and calm during exam periods and beyond
7. Julien Brunoir – Unlocking potentials with self-awareness and positive mindset
8. Celestina Oniye-Thomas –
9. Anjli Patel –
10. Olive Hickmott and Lucy Heary – Can parents stop dyslexia happening?
8:30 pm: Question and answer
Day 2. November 6. Sunday
1. Clara Rocha – The Family Moment
2. Sarah Benice – Understanding and Healing Your Inner-Child
3. Helen Snape – Is my relationship healthy? Red flags and relationship rights and responsibilities
4. Stella Maher: Supporting your child to aim higher
5. Justine Odwongo – Mental health and well-being of a teenager
6. Angela Roth – Loving Yourself & Your Body – Helping Your Child Love Theirs
7. Rupin Rach – The basics of conscious parenting
8. Dinka Vujovich – Your child is the trigger for your unresolved trauma
9. Gill McKay – Is it wine o’clock yet? How drinking can erode our relationship with our kids
10. Kathryn Howard -What makes for a happy parent
11. Shehnaaz Latif – Natural solutions for you and your home
8:30pm Questions and answers
Presentations can be purchased for lifelong access.
My name is Olive Hickmott; I would be pleased to support you in any way I can.
You are welcome to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you will find my learning platform for some of my training programmes www.visualkids.co.uk
You will find other useful information and Practitioner Training at http://www.empoweringlearning.co.uk
Here is my YouTube channel for more free resources: https://www.youtube.com/c/OliveHickmott
My latest books are:
The Elephants in the Classroom: using every student’s natural power of Mental Imagery to enhance learning: Neurodiversity through the lens of mental Imagery.
Bridges to Success – How to transform Learning Difficulties
#happyparent=happychild #dyslexia #mentalimages #olivehickmott #empoweringlearning #lucyheary