ADHD isn’t just about behaviors. Once you understand what is driving the behaviors, you will be able to create a calmer life for you and the whole family.
What are the 3 key things I have noticed in 22 years working with neurodivergent children and adults. And these will help those people who are stuck in long delays waiting for a diagnosis.
The are regular FREE coaching sessions to help you learn more. Just follow the link a choose the best date for you.
- Are they a mouth or a nose breather? In the USA it is estimated that 60-70% of those with ADHD are mouth breathers. Join us to find out why and what you can do
- Disrupted sleep – lack of quantity and quality has major effects on what you can do the next day
- Fast moving mental imagery – Many people have extraordinary mental images, that are invaluable for all sorts of learning tasks, especially creativity. But they can get completely out of control, and move too quickly to be useful. There are simple skills to learn how to “make friends with your images”.
I would like to introduce you to some of the causes lurking behind the behaviors. You will be amazed how they give you different perspectives, for you, your family and your students.
I am on a mission to celebrate the gifts of neurodiversity, whilst reducing the negatives, through a better understanding of mental imagery. You have probably never heard ADHD mentioned in the same sentence as mental imagery, breathing, sleeping and grounding. These are some of the missing keys.
ADHD seems to be on the increase. Knowledge creates understanding and offers you simple ideas to turn around situations.
- Poor breathing reduces oxygenation in your brain that in turn causes your brain to go even faster!
- Being grounded can slow down your own mental images; a relief for a busy brain
- stress from various topics like poor literacy, “Covid disruption”, school challenges can create ADHD like symptoms.
- mental imagery is a fabulous creative skill, you can easily optimise how you use it.
Using your existing visual skills, you can conquer confusion with just a few simple “how-to’s”. You have amazing visual strengths, and maybe time you learned how to use them more effectively. Choose one of these live sessions when I will teach anyone these skills. As a bonus, confidence and calmness will improve too.
To help parents whose bright creative children maybe struggling, this is offered for free. These children are the great minds of the future.
Can you imagine how much happier your creative, imaginative child would be when they realise they can be happy and healthy without all their confusion? In just 1 hour you will know the answer for yourself.
My name is Olive Hickmott; I would be pleased to support you in any way I can.
You are welcome to contact me email@example.com
Please register here to follow my blog at http://www.olivehickmott.co.uk
You will find other useful informationat http://www.empoweringlearning.co.uk
Here is my YouTube channel for more free resources: https://www.youtube.com/c/OliveHickmott
My latest books are:
The Elephants in the Classroom: using every student’s natural power of mental Imagery to enhance learning: Neurodiversity through the lens of mental Imagery.
Bridges to Success – How to transform Learning Difficulties
Recover Your energy– this book will energise you
You too can do health
#empoweringlearning #olivehickmott #ADHD #confusion #newperspective #neurodiversity