As a health and learning coach I am putting out there some opportunities to improve Long-Covid. There are many complimentary tools that people can try out for themselves at little or no cost. People have different symptoms so one technique may work for one person and not for anther.
My sugestions this week are:
- Buteyko breathing: Patrick Mckeown ran a free webinar this week: here is the link to the recording. https://vimeo.com/618724773/ecc2c27f13. Highly recommended.
- Discover simple breathing exercises to help with Long COVID
- Reduce breathlessness and unblock the nose
- Stimulate vagus nerve and improve nervous system balance
- Normalise blood gases
- Whilst you have been unwell, your energy channels may have become blocked. Highly sensitive people are very prone to picking up energy that isn’t theirs’s, which leads to exhaustion and overwhelm, that can affect every cell in your body. If you have spent time in hospital this can be more severe. There are many modalities that can help you with clearing, cleaning and resetting your entire energy system and here I am recommending Art Giser’s Energetic NLP. To start to understand what is possible go to his Facebook channel on Thursdays at 8:30pm and listen to his latest free event. Alternatively go to http://www.energeticnlp.com and sign up.
- If you are up for listening to a story that may help your energy flow, my book Recover your energy is available for free as an audio download. https://olivehickmott.wordpress.com/2020/09/06/recover-your-energy-for-free/ You are welcome to give it a try even if you go to sleep whilst it plays. The book was first written to help with MS more than 10 years ago, and will assist with clearing energy blocks.
- The Lymphatic system is a generally neglected chapter in education even though it effects the proper functioning of our immune system, organ health, vitality and movement. A lymph system that is not properly functioning is able to trigger unexplained aches and pains all around our bodies. I think of the lymphatic system as being the natural waste disposal system of our body and if the garbage isn’t going out it is not surprising we have problems. I have recently heard about Lymphatic Bowen, two of my favorite modalities. Do take a look at http://www.safetomove.com. Gus de la Querra works in Oxford.
- Sleep is also a vital part of recovery. The Active in Redbourn community group recorded a set of short videos for world Sleep Day – you can catch up on them here with the full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEqii5WK0BE7r4zxeR2V8Ft7uHpZddCe_
My name is Olive Hickmott; I would be pleased to support you in any way I can.
You are welcome to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register here to follow my blog at http://www.olivehickmott.co.uk
You will find other useful informationat http://www.empoweringlearning.co.uk
Here is my YouTube channel for more free resources: https://www.youtube.com/c/OliveHickmott
My latest books are:
The Elephants in the Classroom: using every student’s natural power of mental Imagery to enhance learning: Neurodiversity through the lens of mental Imagery.
Bridges to Success – How to transform Learning Difficulties
Recover Your energy- this book will energise you
You too can do health
#longCOVID #exhaustion #breathing #buteyko #lymphatic #energy #energeticnlp #sleep