Do you have a bookworm in the house? This child is just loving completing a David Walliams book in 24 hours. We know that children who are fluent readers like this have:
* mastered holding thousands of words in their mind, so that they just recognise words
* only have to break down a very few unusual words
* are reading for meaning rather than obsessing over each individual word
* are probably creating pictures in their mind’s eye, to aid their memory, of what the story was about.
* holding the book up that aids being totally relaxed
* is totally engrossed without any parental pressure.
These are visual skills and come naturally to some children. But if your child doesn’t get these skills they are totally teachable and very quickly when you use the right strategy that matches their visual skills. Just drop me a mail and prepare to be amazed as you discover what is possible.
Whether your child has been home schooled since Covid-19, or back in school, or you are moving to home education, you and your child can learn these skills quickly and easily and they are fun.
You can read more about using visualisation techniques to enable learning and more case studies in the book The Elephants in The Classroom – uncovering every student’s natural power of mental imagery to enhance learning. Available here , and also from Amazon USA, Amazon UK.
#empoweringlearning #theelephantsintheclassroom #homeeducation #davidwalliams #homeschooling #homeeducation #visualskills