Tennis balls can be dangerous to dogs: don’t take the chance

poisonIf you are a responsible dog owner do take a look at this poster and pass it on to your friends.

Tennis balls can be dangerous to dogs

Dogs, especially large ones, have strong jaws capable of compressing a tennis ball.  The ball can pop open in the back of the throat and instantly suffocate the unsuspecting dog.

Having cracked a ball, some dogs are addicted to eating them; we don’t know why some brands are so attractive.   You may also find pieces of shredded tennis ball frequently in places where dogs exercise.

Of the  tennis balls analysed levels of Lead and Arsenic can be found in the green felt, inside rubber, outside rubber, seam rubber and even the black printing.

Read the poster for more details.

About olivehickmott

I am a Forensic Learning coach, showing people how they can improve their own learning and change their health. Working with creative neurodivergent students is a joy, as they learn new skills to overcome many of their learning challenges.
This entry was posted in arsenic, dangerous, lead, tennis balls. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s